Saturday, August 28, 2010

Coffee Sleeves

My best friend Jennifer's birthday was this past Thursday. About a month again she sent me a blog link where the lady had made coffee cup sleeves out of fabric and asked if I could make one. Of course I said yes. I started out with a Starbucks sleeve. I took it apart and made a pattern from the cardboard sleeve. I added a 1/4 inch on all sides for seem allowance.

I used a stabilizer to make it stiff and give it some form. I also used extra buttons I had and pony tail holders for the button loops.

Once I was finished I made a finished seem around it to hold the pony tail holder in place and give it a little design as well.


Jennifer and her family are going to Disney in October and since I love Disney I had to add to her excitement and make her one our of extra Mickey fabric I had. I again used extra Mickey head buttons that I had.


She was so excited! Happy Birthday Jennifer!

No comments: