Monday, December 14, 2009

Oreo Truffles

Oreo Truffles
I found this recipe a few years ago in a Kraft Food magazine and it has quickly become on of my holiday recipes. So in Bakerella style here is my Oreo Truffle post.

Crushing Oreo's ~ I have to get a food processor. My food processor is a small 1.5 cup, so I borrowed my friend Amy's. The Oreo crumbs need to be finely crushed and the best way to do so is with a food processor.

Oreo balls ~ it makes about 45, I used 4 cookie sheets to hold them all


Here is my little helper. Abby made her own Oreo balls and ate them before we dipped them in chocolate. She made four more and we dipped those.
2 Boxes of chocolate per recipe
Final Oreo Truffle
boxed and ready for the cookie exchange

Oreo Truffles
1 package of Oreo's ~ Crushed finely in a food processor
1 8oz cream cheese
2 boxes bakers semi-sweet chocolate
Crush Oreo's in a food processor. Mix crushed Oreo's with cream cheese. Make into 1 inch balls. Chill Oreo balls. Melt chocolate squares and dip Oreo balls in chocolate. Chill and once set store in an air tight container.

2 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

We make those every year! They are always a big hit with everyone. This year we dusted ours with powdered sugar after coating them in chocolate and called them snowballs. The kids loved that!

Abbie Johnson said...

I don't have a food processor at all. I used a 6, 3 and 2 y/o with measuring cups. They beat the heck out of those oreos in ziplocks. Did the trick and entertained them! My next batch I'm going to try the dark chocolate/mint chips for the coating. Not sure how they'll melt, but I've got to try it