Friday, October 24, 2008

U of M Homecoming Parade

Tonight I took the girls to the U of M Homecoming Parade. Yes just me, Raymond went to see his mom in the hospital. She has pneumonia, but is getting better. We hope she will be able to go home by Monday. Abby was NOT happy with the idea that we were going to a parade because she thinks she does not like parade, forget the fact that she has never been to a parade. We parked off of Patterson and walked up to stand on the sidewalk. Abby was so upset, she was shaking in my arms and telling me she had to go home and see her daddy. She is such a daddy's girl. She finally started to calm down when she saw that candy was being tossed. Many of you know her slight dislike of the band, She told be afterwards that the band help calm her down. Who would of thunk it????

The homecoming theme must have been Pouncer for President. Everything we very Patriotic and asking for you to vote for Pouncer for President. Once thing was missing from the parade, I am not sure if Tom II would have been there anyway, but Tom II was not in the parade. For you non-Tiger fans, our beloved Bengal Tiger died over a week ago. They will have a special tribute at the game tomorrow. I am looking forward to when they get Tom III, I hope it is a Tiger cub instead of a grown tiger, I think the girls would like that. Here are some parade pictures.



Some of the floats





After the parade was over I saw 3 guys throwing a ball around. I recognized one as Pierre Niles. I was able to get him and Willie Kemp to take pictures with Allie. Abby would not have anything to do with either of them.


We then went to Garibaldis Pizza for dinner and Raymond was able to meet us. I have not eaten there in a long time and forgot how good they are. So wish they were closer to our house.

1 comment:

Spellings Fam said...

WOW! His hand is bigger than her stomach. Glad you were brave enough to ask for a picture. Very cute!