Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dinner at Boma

We arrived at Animal Kingdom Lodge early enough that we could explored the hotel for a while. What a beautiful resort!! We were able to go out and watch animals grazing on the Savannah. Dinner at Boma was great! It was a buffet with African flare foods. The girls did not eat very much but I was not surprised. My favorite dessert was the Zebra Domes. I kept taking bites trying to figure out what flavor I kept tasting; was it coffee, Carmel, hazelnut, I just could not pin point it. Raymond comes back to the table and tells me, you know there is a sign there that says the Zebra Domes contain alcohol. That must be why they were so good! I can not wait to try and make those at home.


 
In the lobby
 

stairs coming off the lobby coming down to the doors where you can go outside and watch the animals.  Ride outside the doors behind where I am standing is a huge fire pit with rocking chairs and an Africa guide to answer questions about the animals. 




 
see the gariff in the distance?
 
The bridge that spanned the lobby

 
View of the lobby from the bridge

 
 Waiting for dinner

Part of the Buffet



After dinner there was an African Parade about to start in the lobby for the kids.  Kids got to play drums or had shakers and they walked around the lobby saying some African phrase.  Raymond and I were taking turns reading Facebook on my phone and texting our friends trying to see updates on the storms that were coming thru Memphis.  Thankfully everyone at home were fine. 


 
Raymond texting on my phone! 
After dinner we headed back to our hotel so we could get up early for Extra Magic Hours tomorrow at Magic Kingdom.  Did we get lucky and see Repunzel?? Stay tuned....

No comments: